Skip to main content

sales@mediastorehouse.com
Tel: (678) 701-8254
Home > Historic England > Historic Images > Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006)

Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Gallery

A small selection from this huge aerial photography specialist

Choose from 173 images in our Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) collection.


Royal Naval College, Dartmouth EPW024215 Featured Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Image

Royal Naval College, Dartmouth EPW024215

ROYAL NAVAL COLLEGE, Dartmouth, Devon, photographed in 1928. This officer training college was purpose built on this site in 1905 to a design by Sir Aston Webb. The college originated in 1863 and had previously housed students in hulks moored on the River Dart. Cadets as young as 13 were trained here in naval skills and leadership. Graduates from Dartmouth provided much of the officer corps of the Royal Navy through both World Wars. The present Duke of Edinburgh, Prince of Wales and Duke of York all attended the college. Now known as the Britannia Royal Naval College, this building still provides a training base for naval officers of many foreign and commonwealth countries as well as the Royal Navy. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Coventry Cathedral EAW024986 Featured Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Image

Coventry Cathedral EAW024986

COVENTRY CATHEDRAL. The old Cathedral was destroyed by incendiary bombs on 14 November 1940, with only its spire and outer walls surviving. Seen here from the air in July 1949 the Cathedral is surrounded by empty plots where other buildings were destroyed in the Coventry Blitz. The interior of the Cathedral had been cleared and looks very much as it still does today. A new Cathedral was completed on adjoining land in 1962. Aerofilms Collection (see Links)

© Historic England

Hathern Works, Sutton Bonington EPW057706 Featured Aerofilms Collection (1919-2006) Image

Hathern Works, Sutton Bonington EPW057706

The Hathern Station Brick & Terra Cotta Works, Sutton Bonington, Nottinghamshire from the south. Photographed by Aerofilms Ltd in June 1938

© Historic England Archive

Aerial, Factory