Skip to main content

Home > Royal Cornwall Museum > Places > Truro

Truro Collection (#8)

506 Items

We are proud to offer this selection in partnership with Royal Cornwall Museum

Background imageTruro Collection: New Bridge Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1920s

New Bridge Street, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1920s
A view from New Bridge Street, looking towards Duke Street, with St Marys Street on the right. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Bosvigo House, Bosvigo Lane, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Bosvigo House, Bosvigo Lane, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Front elevation of the Grade II listed house and conservatory, taken from the garden. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Bosvigo House, Bosvigo Lane, Truro, Cornwall. 1905

Bosvigo House, Bosvigo Lane, Truro, Cornwall. 1905
A view of the conservatory taken from the sunken garden. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Bosvigo House, Bosvigo Lane, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1905

Bosvigo House, Bosvigo Lane, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1905
Front elevation of the Grade II listed house taken from the garden, with the sundial in the foreground. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Boscawen Bridge, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1922

Boscawen Bridge, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1922
Workmen and timbering below the bridge. Perhaps during the fitting of lock gates. The second workman has moved during the photographs exposure. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Boscawen Bridge, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Boscawen Bridge, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A view of Boscawen Bridge with the River Allen at full tide. There are swans on the water in the foreground. M.L. Blamey & Sons agricultural store and John H

Background imageTruro Collection: Former Assembly Rooms, High Cross, Truro, Cornwall. 1959

Former Assembly Rooms, High Cross, Truro, Cornwall. 1959
The entrance to Cathedral Garage and the Commercial Union Assurance company offices. The Cornish Mutual Assurance company is in the building next door

Background imageTruro Collection: Former Assembly Rooms, High Cross, Truro, Cornwall. 1959

Former Assembly Rooms, High Cross, Truro, Cornwall. 1959
Looking across the flower beds to Cathedral Garage and car park. Signage for the Commercial Union Assurance company can be seen on the upper part of the building

Background imageTruro Collection: Blackfords printing works printing room, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Blackfords printing works printing room, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The composing room at Oscar Blackfords printing works at the corner of Quay Street and Princes Street. The building was originally known as The Great House and built by the Gregor family

Background imageTruro Collection: British Army service vehicles outside H. T. P. Motors Ltd. Back Quay, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1944

British Army service vehicles outside H. T. P. Motors Ltd. Back Quay, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1944
Rebuilt service vehicles, spick and span and ready for the road, being handed over to Army drivers towards the end of the Second World War. During the war H.T.P

Background imageTruro Collection: H. T. P. & Company Ltd.s jubilee float advertising The Village Smithy by Geo

H. T. P. & Company Ltd.s jubilee float advertising The Village Smithy by Geo. Drew, Princes Street, Truro, Cornwall
Horse drawn float decorated to celebrate Queen Victorias diamond jubilee. " Heres a oss, who will shoe it? Georgie Drews the man to do it

Background imageTruro Collection: Interior of Princes Garage with vehicles and workers, H. T. P. Motors Ltd, Truro, Cornwall

Interior of Princes Garage with vehicles and workers, H. T. P. Motors Ltd, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1920s
Ex War Department trucks are being renovated and a van with the registration AF 7031 can be seen on the left hand side. The showroom for the garage was on Princes Street

Background imageTruro Collection: Former Royal Cornwall Museum building looking east with St Marys Methodist Chapel in the distance

Former Royal Cornwall Museum building looking east with St Marys Methodist Chapel in the distance, Union Place, Truro
The Royal Institution of Cornwalls collections had outgrown the Union Place building at the time this photograph was taken

Background imageTruro Collection: H. T. P. Motors Ltd from the River Kenwyn, Back Quay, Truro, Cornwall. April 1936

H. T. P. Motors Ltd from the River Kenwyn, Back Quay, Truro, Cornwall. April 1936
The photograph was taken before the last section of the river was covered over in 1938. Argalls Stores, Carkeek & Sons Ltd

Background imageTruro Collection: Harveys Timber Yard and timber raft on the Truro River, Truro, Cornwall. After 1910

Harveys Timber Yard and timber raft on the Truro River, Truro, Cornwall. After 1910
The Cathedral towers and Gas Works chimney can be seen in the background. This dates the photograph after 1910 as the Cathedral has been completed. Harvey & Company Ltd. were timber importers

Background imageTruro Collection: St Nicholas Street and Victoria Square, Truro, Cornwall. 1960

St Nicholas Street and Victoria Square, Truro, Cornwall. 1960
View showing Mallett & Son Ltd, County Stores, Halfords and part of the Victoria Inn. A young woman wearing full skirt and bolero fashion of the time can be seen walking underneath the Rentaset sign

Background imageTruro Collection: St Nicholas Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1960

St Nicholas Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1960
View of St Nicholas Street showing County Stores and Halfords. Photographer: Charles Woolf

Background imageTruro Collection: Victoria Place and St Nicholas Street from Victoria Square, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd June 1911

Victoria Place and St Nicholas Street from Victoria Square, Truro, Cornwall. 22nd June 1911
The shops are decorated for the coronation of George V and Queen Mary on 22nd June 1911. From left to right: Rickards Temperance Hotel and Refreshment Rooms

Background imageTruro Collection: Olivers boot and shoe shop, 25 St Nicholas Street, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Olivers boot and shoe shop, 25 St Nicholas Street, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Front view of the ground floor and first floor window, taken from Victoria Square. Part of Hepworths mens outfitters can be seen next door. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Olivers boot and shoe shop, 25 St Nicholas Street, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Olivers boot and shoe shop, 25 St Nicholas Street, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Front view of the ground floor only, taken from Victoria Square. Part of Hepworths mens outfitters can be seen next door. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: St Nicholas Street looking towards Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1800s

St Nicholas Street looking towards Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. Late 1800s
View of the south side of St Nicholas Street showing Mallet and Son Furnishing and Agricultural, Ironmongers, Iron Merchants and Cycle Agents. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Harveys Timber Yard taken from the Malpas Road side of the Truro River, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Harveys Timber Yard taken from the Malpas Road side of the Truro River, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
The gasometer and the back of the houses in St Aubyns Road can be seen in the background. Harvey & Company Ltd. were timber importers. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Carvedras Smelting Works, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1892

Carvedras Smelting Works, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1892
Workmen posed with tin ingots. The man with the white beard is James Symons and the boy kneeling on the right is John Penrose

Background imageTruro Collection: Carvedras Smelting Works, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1870

Carvedras Smelting Works, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1870
A general view of the tin smelting works, with St Georges Road in front, from what was later to become Victoria Gardens. Brunels viaduct is to the right of the works with Carvedras House in front

Background imageTruro Collection: Harveys timber yard, Truro, Cornwall. 1923

Harveys timber yard, Truro, Cornwall. 1923
Timber sheds with workers. Harvey & Company Ltd. were timber importers. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Harveys timber yard, Truro, Cornwall. 1923

Harveys timber yard, Truro, Cornwall. 1923
Timber workshop with workers. Harvey & Company Ltd. were timber importers. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Harveys timber yard, Truro, Cornwall. 1923

Harveys timber yard, Truro, Cornwall. 1923
Stacks of timber in shed. Harvey & Company Ltd. were timber importers. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Treyew Road, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1905

Treyew Road, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1905
View looking south with children on the corner of Chapel Hill. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Health Exhibition, City Hall, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 10th November 1923

Health Exhibition, City Hall, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 10th November 1923
Dorrington and Davys stall at the Health Exhibition in City Hall. Dorrington and Davys of Truro were goldsmiths and jewellers. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1920s

Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1920s
The Coinage Hall building in Boscawen Street when it was Lloyds Bank. The water fountain, now in Victoria Park, is still there and a woman and child can be seen in the left of the photograph

Background imageTruro Collection: Beating the Bounds, Messack Point, Truro, Cornwall. 14th September 1917

Beating the Bounds, Messack Point, Truro, Cornwall. 14th September 1917
Mr Walter Beard being arrested at Messack Point. Beating the Bounds is an old tradition whereby officials of the parish share their knowledge of the boundaries of their territory

Background imageTruro Collection: New Bridge Street, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

New Bridge Street, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View of the New Bridge Street bridge from the Old Bridge Street bridge, showing small boats in the River Allen at high tide. L.R

Background imageTruro Collection: Old County Hall, Truro, Cornwall. 1911-1912

Old County Hall, Truro, Cornwall. 1911-1912
A view of Old County Hall at the time of completion, from Station Road. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Clifton Gardens, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Clifton Gardens, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
A general view of the terraced houses across the gardens. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Cotehele Terrace, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1906

Cotehele Terrace, Truro, Cornwall. Probably 1906
A general view of the terrace from below the corner with Avondale Road. Snow lies on the ground. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Chapel Hill, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1910

Chapel Hill, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1910
A general view down the hill with onlookers to the incomplete cathedral. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Chapel Hill, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1910

Chapel Hill, Truro, Cornwall. Before 1910
A general view down the hill to the incomplete cathedral, with a horse and cart and boys playing. Photographer: Arthur Philp

Background imageTruro Collection: Tremorvah House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Tremorvah House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Interior view of the drawing room of Tremorvah House, showing furniture and a large mirror. Tremorvah was built in 1845 by Sir Philip Prothero Smith

Background imageTruro Collection: Tremorvah House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Tremorvah House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
Tremorvah House from the formal garden. Tremorvah was built in 1845 by Sir Philip Prothero Smith, four times Mayor of Truro and Under Sheriff of Cornwall, as a home for himself and his new wife

Background imageTruro Collection: Tremorvah House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s

Tremorvah House, Truro, Cornwall. Early 1900s
View along the path by the side of the house to the conservatory, with two gardeners at work on stepladders. Tremorvah was built in 1845 by Sir Philip Prothero Smith

Background imageTruro Collection: Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920

Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920
Glasshouses and kitchen garden in winter. Treliske House was formerly the home of W. Teague and later became Truro School. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920

Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920
The side and rear of Treliske House with glasshouses. This was formerly the home of W. Teague and later became Truro School. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920

Treliske House, Truro, Cornwall. Around 1920
Treliske House showing the side of the house, from the garden, with the conservatory. This was formerly the home of W. Teague and later became Truro School. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913

Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913
Missionary Exhibition in the Council Chambers of the City Hall. The photograph shows hand embroidered Albanian wedding coats, or Piripiri, dating from the late 1800s

Background imageTruro Collection: Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913

Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913
Missionary Exhibition in the Council Chambers of the City Hall. Statue from India or nearby country. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913

Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913
A protected display of artefacts from India in the Missionary Exhibition held in the Council Chambers of the City Hall. Photographer: Arthur William Jordan

Background imageTruro Collection: Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913

Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913
Missionary Exhibition in the Council Chambers of the City Hall with a wide view of the displays. A hand embroidered Albanian wedding coat, or Piripiri

Background imageTruro Collection: Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913

Missionary Exhibition, Boscawen Street, Truro, Cornwall. 1913
Missionary Exhibition in the Council Chambers of the City Hall with a wide view of the displays. A hand embroidered Albanian wedding coat, or Piripiri




For sale as Licensed Images

Choose your image, Select your licence and Download the media